Is this algae or what?

ZachariahBeanzz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2024
Messages
290
Reaction score
118
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, as I was looking at my tank this morning, I noticed this stringy looking stuff coming off from my rock work. I didn’t know what it was, so I poked and tried pulling on it with some tweezers, and it’s definitely not a worm. Is this some sort of algae? It’s appearing on my rock work in smaller clusters, sorry if the photos are bad, they were the best I could get!
IMG_1070.jpeg
IMG_1069.jpeg
 
Looks like algae to me. If you can’t pull it out, maybe a shot of boiling vinegar will kill it .
 
Zach,
I suggest getting a toothbrush dipped in peroxide and brush the growth away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new