Is this ammo alert working

fishywishy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2022
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
1,881
Location
Nunya business
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this ammo thing from amazon but it didn’t come in a box it just can in a plastic wrapper so i dont know if it’s working or not because as you can see my water is a little dirty so I thought i might have some ammonia and there’s also some green dots on it and nobody else has that from what I've seen.

A89C9B93-C730-4EAF-A566-6542F2CECD86.jpeg
 
Did you remove the protective film covering it? The film keeps it from getting scratched and dirty before it's used. If so did you accidentally touch the sensor in the center? Oil from fingers can mess it up.
 
Upvote 0
It should be fine. They dont come in a box. Just a sealed plastic wrapper. It will need to soak in your tank about 24 hours to stabilize.
The cloudy water could be caused by anything.
 
Upvote 0
Did you remove the protective film covering it? The film keeps it from getting scratched and dirty before it's used. If so did you accidentally touch the sensor in the center? Oil from fingers can mess it up.
Yes it took the cover off, It was about a week and a half ago so i don’t remember but i dont think I touched it, i might have tried to see if there was another cover on it and picked it the top a little bit but I didn’t put my whole finger on it.
 
Upvote 0
Yes it took the cover off, It was about a week and a half ago so i don’t remember but i dont think I touched it, i might have tried to see if there was another cover on it and picked it the top a little bit but I didn’t put my whole finger on it.
There is a way to test it. If you have a bottle of ammonia or glass cleaner with ammonia (like Windex) then you can hold the badge over the open bottle so the fumes hit it and if it's working the sensor should turn green almost right away. If you try this be careful of the fumes in general (like breathing them in) and don't touch the badge to the bottle because you don't want chemicals to get on the badge.
 
Upvote 1

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new