Is this anemone healthy

  • Thread starter Thread starter JackPinny
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JackPinny

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2021
Messages
129
Reaction score
26
Location
north yorkshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I recently got this nem and am not sure if it is healthy or not or whether it needs feeding
 
Healthy and happy, acclimating. I don't see any gaping or deflation. You shouldn't need to feed an anemone that has sufficient light.
 
How can I tell whether it needs feeding ?
Colors will fade, it will begin to retract and generally look, for lack of a better descriptor, 'grumpy'.

Conversely, it may become more active in it's own feeding behaviour, and spread out with its tentacles 'reaching' for the light.

If you do go feeding it, think 'midnight snack' and not 7 course banquet. small meaty bits like chopped scallop or mussel. Never feed directly to the oral disc, and make sure whatever you feed it is fresh. A lot of people advocate for silversides, I don't. Seen too many nems go downhill after feeding like that.
 
Do you know what type it is apart from bubble tip ?
Entacmaea quadricolor. Rainbow Bubble Tipped Anemone. Common color variant. Once it's symbiont dinoflagellate reproduces more you'll see orange, yellow, green, and red coloration more pronounced than you do now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new