Is this asterina starfish damage?

Yellow Coris Wrasse

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Messages
63
Reaction score
78
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to SPS and I need some help. I had a stylo frag in my tank for three months and it was growing well and showed lot of polyps. I woke up one morning and it looked like all the polyps had been stripped off the coral, starting at the base and working up.

A few days later my two birds nest frags showed similar white areas, starting at the bottom of the coral.

My water parameters are good, and they have remained stable, so I do not think it is a water chemistry problem.

I started looking closely and found several small starfish in the tank; I am assuming they are asterinas. I pulled around 20 of these little starfish out of the aquarium.

Does this look like damage from asterina starfish or should I look to a different cause?

Thanks for your help.
9195C39B-00AE-4A6D-98A0-A53256C6009B.jpeg
 
Not damage from asterina ! IMO
agree looks like STN as said, Check water and list water parameters, also what test kits used!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new