Is this black algae?

  • Thread starter Thread starter EB707
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EB707

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2024
Messages
37
Reaction score
9
Location
Mount Vernon
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Within the last week this black algae stuff started growing all over my sand bed. Is it black algae and how can I get rid of it? My current tank parameters are
Temperature- 78
Salinity- 1.025
PH - 8.0
Nitrates - 40ppm
Phosphates - 0ppm
Calcium - 440
dKH - 9.5

IMG_2244.jpeg
 
0 phosphate is not good but this appears to be typical new tank ugly phase algae. Just siphon it out with water change and get some phosphate in your tank.
 
0 phosphate is not good but this appears to be typical new tank ugly phase algae. Just siphon it out with water change and get some phosphate in your tank.
What level of phosphate should I be aiming for?
 
What level of phosphate should I be aiming for?
.1 is decent. Mine stays typically. 2 to .4 but was .79 has week with thriving coral.

New tanks are unstable. I had to double dose neophos and neonitro for multiple months before I got measurable numbers.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new