Is this Caulerpa? - Kinda purplish

larrybari

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2021
Messages
21
Reaction score
5
Location
Launceston, Tasmania
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I've got this growing near my star polyps and it seems to be taking over the nearest bare rocks. It seems to have long very straight runners and oblong rounded 'fronds' here and there. But it's not green.
The trochus snail (seen in pic) might be having a go at it, I'm not sure, but if it's caulerpa I think I want it gone!

Any ideas?

IMG20250606134038.jpg
 
Looks like it.

Maybe c. Prolifera
Yeah, I did take some out now and it looks suspiciously like it.
Any tips for long term removal without taking the rock out? It's glued to another on top of it!
I don’t mind prolifera but just removal or adding things in that eat it
 
ok thanks. Will try to keep it under check. Do you recommend letting it grow in my sump along with Chaeto?
It will outgrow your chaeto more than likely.

Up to you.

If you separate them enough, you might be able to keep both, but it will most likely outcompete chaeto
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new