Is this coral dead

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefernoah
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefernoah

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2026
Messages
52
Reaction score
10
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260401_161914_9D65BAF2-0C4F-4CB9-BBF0-3B8F38B6B4F5.png

20260401_161940_B53EB471-5A70-4379-A5C8-3F3E1735984F.png
 
Looks like it. Clean off the algae and see if there is life on it; if so you might be able to save.
 
Algea normally indicates it is!
Had a few Acro that have looked dead, but had no Algea growth on them that eventually came back after a few months.
 
Looks toast to me. I would clean the algae off of it and see what happens
 
Looks like a goner, but man you never know. I had a lepto that I thought had bit it, nothing but visible skeleton and algae growing on it. Like six months later there's three little polyps springing back from near death.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new