Is this critter good or bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gregrock68
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gregrock68

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2024
Messages
420
Reaction score
343
Location
Haymarket
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all, received some items today for my tank and this little guy popped out. Appears to be a mantis shrimp, juvenile. I have a goby and Pistol Shrimp in there already, I presume this guy would not be welcomed. Pictures below
1000008790.jpg
 
Hi all, received some items today for my tank and this little guy popped out. Appears to be a mantis shrimp, juvenile. I have a goby and Pistol Shrimp in there already, I presume this guy would not be welcomed. Pictures below
1000008790.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20240905_163342.jpg
    20240905_163342.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 49
Cool find! Definitely would not recommend adding to your reef tank. Not sure exactly which type of mantis it is, but they will either be spearers or smashers. Would be cool to set up another tank just for it though.
 
Yeah, that's a neat one - if you don't have another tank for it, I'd give it to a local reefer or local fish store.
 
See if you can donate it to your lfs
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new