Is this Dino it’s cyano?

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do that but I read and was told in order to help with pod population for my mandarin fish I need to dish algae barn pods every 6 weeks , phyto daily, and add a refugium to help reproduce pods. Before the refugium my nitrates were 5 ppm and low phosphate. Everything seemed way happier with 5ppm nitrates. I’ve been battling the nitrates and phosphates ever since adding refugium. I don’t don’t what to do. I didn’t factor in the huge nitrate drop with the refugium. What can I do before removing the refugium ? I have changed the lighting cycle from 24 hours to 12 hours on the Chaeto. Should I cut back the Chaeto perhaps even more? Like how much do I need for Beneficial purposes of pod safety to reproduce? Sorry but I think the refugium is beneficial for my pods to keep my mandarin healthy? Thank you I would appreciate more feedback.
I’m not trying to be rude here but whoever suggested a mandarin in a 3 month old tank should be punished...
I second taking it offline, you’re tank is super unstable and going back to the basics of husbandry is more important right now. If I was you, I’d return the fish for store credit (hopefully) or just dose pods because your tank can’t handle a Fuge

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Also is white light - UV? I have the ai hydra. So only lights running should be royal blue and blue at 4% for 5 days ?
Purple is uV but yes- No whites and others at 4%

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not trying to be rude here but whoever suggested a mandarin in a 3 month old tank should be punished...
I second taking it offline, you’re tank is super unstable and going back to the basics of husbandry is more important right now. If I was you, I’d return the fish for store credit (hopefully) or just dose pods because your tank can’t handle a Fuge
No I completely get what you’re saying. I bought the mandarin knowing I have to buy 40$ pods and phyto from algae barn every 4 weeks until I get a bigger tank. I will not let him starve. Any signs of staving I’m putting him in my friends 100gallon. He’s fat now and he eats frozen pods :) I took my Fuge out and I replaced with media in sump for pods. My nitrates now are at 3ppm and I have Dino’s confirmed. I’ve fixed the zero nitrates so hopefully I can win this Dino battle now. Adding that Fuge was a mistake

OP
OP
C

christwendt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can someone else chime in if I should dose hydrogen peroxide ? It sounds scary to me just want a little reassurance.

Lithoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone else chime in if I should dose hydrogen peroxide ? It sounds scary to me just want a little reassurance.

If you follow what i did you will be fine... I did not dose H.P.

YMRreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checking back in on this thread and saw your posts in the Dino thread. Looks like Scott B has you on the right track. His advice was spot on and the formula to win the fight. It worked for me.

Back