Is this Dinos or something else?

CLYRIC

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2022
Messages
184
Reaction score
48
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having problem with what I'm guessing are dinos, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts on how to fix this and what the problem is. I've seen the "dinos" pop up for the last couple weeks, but it's starting to spread exponentially since. Any thoughts on what this is, how I can solve it and what is the cause of it?

My parameters are :
Nitrate : 17.4
Calcium : 497
Alkalinity : 7.5
Phosphate : 0

20230228_182754.jpg
20230228_182759.jpg
20230228_182808.jpg

20230228_182815.jpg
20230228_182818.jpg


20230228_182843.jpg
20230228_182854.jpg
 
Looks more like diatoms to me if the tank is new it’s prob just going through the uglies it should resolve itself in a few weeks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new