Is this fish coral safe

alexbell1101

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2016
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f82bc47cd53c3ba150407266d694d5fb.jpg
 
I think this is a "with caution" fish. If you really like the fish, take a shot. Personally I wouldn't do it, but there may be fish in my tank you may not be willing to try either. Ultimately you have to be willing to take a calculated, educated risk and be willing to fail.
 
Tilts head one way.... tilts head other way......

IDK what that fish is...looks like some kinda box/puffer/cow kinda fish. Which all generally leave corals alone, but eat the other reef safe inverts...and can have other issues.

I'd walk if the fish store cant at least give you a name to look up to know if your tanks big enough and if you can feed it.
 
It's offered for sale with the common name tripod fish. It is a Tetradont most closely related to filefish. Not so much a coral eater, but will nip.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new