Is this guy lost?

  • Thread starter Thread starter danielsalt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

danielsalt

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2017
Messages
63
Reaction score
84
Location
Gothenburg, Sweden
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broke my own principles about a month ago and got a maxima that was less than 2 inches.
At first it got bullied by my parapercis but it took me 2 weeks to figure out why it kept falling over. After the fish was removed it has tried to move several times and only attached to something with its byssals once. At a 45 degree angle on the side of my derasa...huh.
Anyway today it had fallen to its side from yet a new place and its bottom caught my attention, before fully closing I could actually see right through its mantle from underneath..

20180105_172155.jpg
 
No he's not gone...your looking through his byssal opening...he's awfully small have u tried to feed it...most easily accomplished by putting him in a separate container and feeding some phyto...
 
Alright thanks, I thought there would always be some tissue there.
I dont target feed no, I trust my lightning along with some sps food broadcasted and frequent feeding of the nps with the planctonic liquids from Nyos.
I have thought about growing phyto though, will see if I do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new