Is this light good for anemone

Carterfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the current USA orbit led lights for marine tanks. Is that suitable for light for a anemone? I️t works for my bubble corals.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plain orbit marine are some of the lowest output lights available. 0.1 watt diodes and only a little strip of them. While most things can get by with less par than we think, I wouldn’t expect optimal color and health under such little light for an anemone. They’re found in much shallower water than bubble corals

OP
OP
C

Carterfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plain orbit marine are some of the lowest output lights available. 0.1 watt diodes and only a little strip of them. While most things can get by with less par than we think, I wouldn’t expect optimal color and health under such little light for an anemone. They’re found in much shallower water than bubble corals

What light would you recommend then? I would prefer to stick with led but if that doesn’t work or is too expensive I can be persuaded elsewhere.

OP
OP
C

Carterfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any led fixture with 3 watt diodes or greater with blue and white diodes would be the baseline honestly. But I prefer t5ho lighting over LEDs

Any suggestions? I’m open to new ideas?

OP
OP
C

Carterfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 50 gallon. 4 foot tank. 16 inches deep. I️t has a canopy so I can’t have hanging lights. The lights must rest on the glass right above the tank. That’s why I currently have the Current USA marine orbit lighting. I would like something like this. Anyone have any suggestions. Can I have 2 strips of this? Should I get the pro marine led? Only thing I need I️t to be strong enough for is rose bubble tip anemones. Would this work??

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 50 gallon. 4 foot tank. 16 inches deep. I️t has a canopy so I can’t have hanging lights. The lights must rest on the glass right above the tank. That’s why I currently have the Current USA marine orbit lighting. I would like something like this. Anyone have any suggestions. Can I have 2 strips of this? Should I get the pro marine led? Only thing I need I️t to be strong enough for is rose bubble tip anemones. Would this work??

A pair of the orbit pros would be sufficient.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back