Is This Lighting Enough? Help!

Cole's Coral Shack

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
32
Reaction score
19
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120g, 48x24x24, and I am trying to figure out whether or not the lighting I might go with is enough. I am planning on using 1 48' 4 bulb T5 and 2 48' TrueLumen Pro LED Striplights. I am mostly looking for the LED Striplights to enhance the color of my corals, but truly expecting the growth to come from the T5's. Is 1 48' 4 bulb T5 enough light to get good growth? I am looking to mostly grow softies/LPS.
 
I had a 90g and used a 6 bulb T5 setup. SPS was on the top 50% of the tank. Growth was very good.
Whatever direction you go, I highly recommend individual reflectors for T5.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new