Is this Loripes?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2015
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
6,327
Location
Pensacola, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If not, what’s the species? I’m bad with smooth skinned acros. Thanks!
45BC793E-3A0D-4D41-9B52-D89061DB1A34.jpeg
27310AAE-4308-4E01-BC06-8F34BC1961DA.jpeg
 
Thanks! FWIW, it was labeled from TSA as “Green Bottlebrush Acropora”. It’s super vibrant but not really green and it was just an encrusted plug when I got it during a live sale.
 
Looks to be granulosa. Loripes and rosaria will have smaller radial corallites along the branches, whereas granulosa will have a few random radial corallites throughout the lower part of the branches. Loripes will usually have a small row of radial corallites on one side of the branch and rosaria will have them throughout the branch. I’ve usually found granulosa to have fewer radial corallites overall compared to the other two mentioned.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new