Is this new growth or is there a problem

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That branch at the 5 o’clock position doesn’t look good. Looks like tissue loss to me, from your earlier pics.

OP
OP
fishbowlsandmore

fishbowlsandmore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I double checked the par of the light and I was about 250 in that area so not too sure if it could be the lights, as for nitrates, I am still trying to control my algae so not too sure if dosing to increase nitrates would really give me the results I am looking for. My only thought is it was getting pretty blasted by the powerhead which i have moved it over now, but would I really see tissue loss from the powerhead alone?

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I double checked the par of the light and I was about 250 in that area so not too sure if it could be the lights, as for nitrates, I am still trying to control my algae so not too sure if dosing to increase nitrates would really give me the results I am looking for. My only thought is it was getting pretty blasted by the powerhead which i have moved it over now, but would I really see tissue loss from the powerhead alone?
Depends on how much flow it was getting and how close it was but acros can definitely get stress from too much direct flow.

OP
OP
fishbowlsandmore

fishbowlsandmore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how much flow it was getting and how close it was but acros can definitely get stress from too much direct flow.
It was probably 6-8 inches away, not exactly direct flow but pretty close to it, powerhead is an mp10 that was set to run a varying intensity with the highest being 80%.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was probably 6-8 inches away, not exactly direct flow but pretty close to it, powerhead is an mp10 that was set to run a varying intensity with the highest being 80%.
That could do it. I believe massive flow is overrated, especially in smaller tanks. My tank is small which causes a lot of extra flow bouncing off the front glass. My mp 40’s gyre at 20% for 7 seconds.

Zerobytes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That could do it. I believe massive flow is overrated, especially in smaller tanks. My tank is small which causes a lot of extra flow bouncing off the front glass. My mp 40’s gyre at 20% for 7 seconds.

I think this messing up my my my Acro's.

Zerobytes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too much flow is messing up your acros?

I think so. I’ve noticed the ones in direct line have issues. The ones away and protected some seem to be better. Trying to figure out getting flow for keeping the tank clean and no too much direct. At least I believe that is what is going on.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back