Is this normal behavior for a scissortail goby?

Leon Gorani

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2019
Messages
420
Reaction score
91
Location
East Granby
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a scissor tail dartfish/goby and it has been swimming around somewhat but today I saw him in the corner of my tank just sitting in the sand. Is this normal for them? I heard they like to burrow and hide but I just wanted to make sure. Here’s a pic of him.

F1C81EDA-3E8A-4905-9172-183A4FFE8E08.jpeg
 
I agree, lying on the sand isn't normal. They will go into burrows but not rest on top.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new