Is this normal for a rbta?

skyjacker07

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
111
Reaction score
59
Location
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had it long honestly a few days, but it fully opens at night, and stays like this during the day.
13b9e98f47a99f9ad705e9da3a62b5cd.jpg


Doesn't seem to be stressed, hasn't moved from this spot at all, and I've fed it once it ate just fine, hasn't lost any color, or excreted anything as of yet.

Ph-8.3
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
NitrAte-5
Phosphate-.2
Dkh-8
Ca-380
My-1350
 
It looks fine to me. Pretty content actually. When they're happy you'll see the bulb shape they're known for. When they're hungry or uncomfortable, you'll see that the tentacles are long and stringy.
 
I thought as much, just unusual to open at night, and be balled up during the day, not closed per-say.
 
It still looks completely fine in your picture, I wouldn't stress, nems do some weird things.
 
It seems to be fine, feed it small piece of prawn twice a week it will color up well
 
They do, I tried a nem 6 months ago, it couldn't make it in my tank, I bought it used with a magnificent in it over a year ago it did fine, I got rid of it because it was way too big for my tank. A 28g all in one, now this one seems fine. They indeed are unusual.
I fed it yesterday, water is a little cloudy in that pic from a fresh water change, but it has full color and hasn't lost any.
Here's a full tank shot if it's anymore helpful.
0bca2c1b383171a544b24bf45469dde0.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new