Is this normal ?

DJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all

Turned on my light today and noticed some weird white looking things coming out of one of my corals ?

This is new never seen this before is it normal ? Or is it parasite ?

From what it looks it’s on right hand side of it but I can see some appearing on left side rim of the coral too

IMG_2543.jpeg

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears to be skeleton which sometimes can show/poke through lps when not fully inflated.

Coral could be hungry, or just irritated, or beginning to decline. I would monitor and feed to try and encourage growth/recovery and puffiness.

OP
OP
DJC

DJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears to be skeleton which sometimes can show/poke through lps when not fully inflated.

Coral could be hungry, or just irritated, or beginning to decline. I would monitor and feed to try and encourage growth/recovery and puffiness.
I’ve ramped up the feeding to see if this helps

Thank you

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen this from shipping stress. And also from a crab walking over it causing it to become stressed/annoyed. With feeding and healthy conditions it should recover in a few hours - few days

OP
OP
DJC

DJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen this from shipping stress. And also from a crab walking over it causing it to become stressed/annoyed. With feeding and healthy conditions it should recover in a few hours - few days
I’ve had it in my tank for around a month now and it’s been settled very well and have grown 2 fold since I got it however this has just happened

Would a change in airflow stress it out as I’ve been experimenting with my wave generators and changing he flow slightly recently to allow more coverage in my tank

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes too much flow can cause it to recede like that. It could just need to get used to the new conditions. You might need to move to lower flow area

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back