Is this normal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryshark
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
6,399
Reaction score
7,301
Location
SoCal
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought both of these MP10QDs at the same time. On one the white shaft is completely protected, on the other the metal tip is exposed. Obviously I would prefer if they were both protected at the tip, and I'm not sure if that can cause an issue with the exposed metal or not. I don't see any rust. Please advise.

IMG_1665.JPG
 
The outer pice that goes on there that looks like a grill should cover the ends. So you should be ok
 
Call EcoTech. It’s within warranty. They’re very helpful and if it’s anything other than normal, they’ll likely replace it under warranty.
 
I tired calling yesterday at 2:35 PST and they were already closed. I was hoping they are active here on R2R. I'll try them again on Monday while I'm at work.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new