is this normal

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My graph is all over the place , but my numbers are steady . . is this normal. I thought the graph would be more constant.
thumbnail.png
PhX3 is the Ph probe inside the calcium reactor

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember that as the PH rises in your tank, so will the PH in your CARX. So by looking at your graph, it looks like its in line.

SVTour

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the calcium reactor started breaking down at pH 6.5 - not sure how much effluent you get if it just drops to 6.48 and goes back up. Obviously, you don't want it to turn to mush...but are you getting good effect from it?

Regular pH probe seems low (mine sits around 8.1 to 8.2) but the fluctuation of it seems fine...mine jumps like that from day to night.

Don't go by the graph - I have a .2 degree deviation in temp...and it looks like it's jumping all over the place, but it's only .2 difference.

OP
OP
FMF0331

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't go by the graph - I have a .2 degree deviation in temp...and it looks like it's jumping all over the place, but it's only .2 difference.
[/QUOTE]
i was thinking the same thing , not going by graph . just going by the actual numbers

OP
OP
FMF0331

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the calcium reactor started breaking down at pH 6.5 - not sure how much effluent you get if it just drops to 6.48 and goes back up. Obviously, you don't want it to turn to mush...but are you getting good effect from it?

Regular pH probe seems low (mine sits around 8.1 to 8.2) but the fluctuation of it seems fine...mine jumps like that from day to night.

i was thinking the same thing , forget the graph and just concentrate on the actual numbers

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back