Is this optical sensor ruined?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Roger,
I hope all has been well with you.

I noticed this when rearranging equipment the last couple days. The wire right at the end of the optical sensor is cracked open, exposing the wires inside. About 2 weeks ago the optical sensor failed twice, and the float triggered the alarm, though that may have been a dirty sensor. It has worked since.

The water level has risen above that cord exposed area a few times since.

Is the sensor no good now? Unit is about 5 years old, is a repair able to be done DIY....even with splicing wires?

I tried to get pic as best I could.

Thanks!
Jim

Tunze.PNG

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim,

The sensor can be replaced, it is $29.49 to replace a sensor. Send me the controller and I will get it repaired.

Tunze USA
2121 Cole Springs Rd
Buda TX 78610

I only need the main control box with the 3 attached wires (float, optic sensor, pump pigtail) and a note with your contact and return info.

Last edited:
OP
OP
James77

James77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim,

The sensor can be replaced, it is $29.49 to replace a sensor. Send me the controller and I will get it repaired.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin TX 78753

I only need the main control box with the 3 attached wires (float, optic sensor, pump pigtail) and a note with your contact and return info.
That’s not bad at all.
I’ll send it in the next couple days.
Thanks Roger!

RDruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am also having problems with my Osmolator and I think it is the sensor. The water level in my sump goes down and the Osmolator is not topping it off. When I take the sensor out of the water, clean and dry it, and then plug the unit back in, the red light goes on, then the yellow goes on and the pump runs, and then the green light goes on and stays on.

Rvitko, does that sound like a bad sensor? Could I send it to you to be repaired?
Thanks,
Robert

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but make sure the sensor is completely clean, when dry it should be shiny, a common issue is a dull haze of mineral deposits that can be solved by a 1 hour soak in vinegar. Also be sure there is not a refugium grow light near the sensor, grow light spectrum includes infrared and can blind the sensor.

RDruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but make sure the sensor is completely clean, when dry it should be shiny, a common issue is a dull haze of mineral deposits that can be solved by a 1 hour soak in vinegar. Also be sure there is not a refugium grow light near the sensor, grow light spectrum includes infrared and can blind the sensor.
Thank you. I will soak it and try again. If it still fails the test, I will send it to you.
Many thanks!

RDruz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I soaked it, dried it, and tested it again. It still failed. I will send the controller, etc., to you.
Thanks,
Robert

CuseCorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for replacement fitting from the metering pump to the ATO line. I am looking to purchase probably 5 of them because all my systems have them breaking after time. I dont need the pump itself because I already have 2 spares and have used the fittings off them. Can you please help me getting these parts?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the fitting and pump are molded at the same time, 1 to 1 there is no surplus of fittings and they are only available with the pumps. The only way I get them separately is from defective pumps and I do not have any at this time.

Back