• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Is this really necessary? @BRS

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

the_reef_keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please bulk reef supply, you guys have a great inventory and great videos, but this packaging truly awful. I ordered sand and glue. The first two pictures are just the box for the sand. The coral glue was left out, so you guys (excellent customer service) quickly sent out a replacement through first class mail.
IMG_0273 (1).jpg
IMG_0270 (1).jpg

this is the box you sent the glue in (below) HOW is this necessary!

IMG_0317 (1).jpg
IMG_0316 (1).jpg

I am not writing this to hate on BRS, because it is an awesome company, but i really hope you guys can step up and be a more sustainable!

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @Copingwithpods said. Through their shipping contract they likely have set packaging selection. And as with the rest of the world they are working with odd crews, and possibly people that don’t usually work in that area because of so many orders. I’d take an unusually large box over damage any day.

OP
OP
the_reef_keeper

the_reef_keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just feels so wasteful, but I get that they are probably dealing with stuff rn

OP
OP
the_reef_keeper

the_reef_keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be a little, but multiplied by a thousand it builds up fast. The mentality that "of it's just a little bit" when followed by everyone can have serious environmental repercussions. Any bit less that can be used will help!

tuesdayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there should have been a smaller box with much less plastic to be recycled.

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be a little, but multiplied by a thousand it builds up fast. The mentality that "of it's just a little bit" when followed by everyone can have serious environmental repercussions. Any bit less that can be used will help!
You're right, I'll stop ordering online if you do

OP
OP
the_reef_keeper

the_reef_keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YoU'rE riGhT, I'Ll StOp oRdEriNg oNliNe iF yOu do
I'm literally just saying to use less plastic when possible, and that is why I'm giving feedback to BRS to look for possible shipping methods that are less wasteful. This hobby is about organisms that are already facing the severe consequences of human actions, so why not do what we can to support them ?

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why was this posted on social media and not taken up in private with BRS. Something smells bad here.
Agree

I’m still confused about what is wrong. Bags of sand are pliable and flex and shift. If they slide to the edge of the box and something happens to pierce that box (happens all the time) now there is sand pouring all over in the box, maybe even out of it. If it’s live sand with water that’s a whole new ballgame that’s an instant stop. With no label it is treated as a possible hazardous substance until proven not. That would clear out a whole dock that’s already on edge. So they pack it with recyclable plastic containing air in a recyclable box. If it all came in a styrofoam insulated box then I could see an issue. The machine that makes those air sleeves takes up very little space, about the size of a 5 gallon bucket, and makes them as you use them. They would need a semi a day of packing peanuts Foam or starch.
I bet the glue was strictly we screwed up grab the glue and the nearest box and get it packed up.

delv2323

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's unnecessary packaging. That is important to this person. It's that simple. This is a forum for feedback. This is literally what the purpose of this forum is for.

The responses to OP, positive or negative are secondary, but at least you get to get on the miniature box and mock OP's feedback or call into question their motives.

Weird. People. Here.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with OP. I recently received some RODI filters with an absurd amount of air bags. Seems wasteful.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back