Is this "reef safe" pipe thread sealant?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigJohnny
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
3,707
Reaction score
2,373
Location
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a temporary tank in a Rubbermaid stock tank. I have spoken to several people who have had the drain leak even when sealed properly with Teflon or plumbers tape. One had success using pipe thread sealant instead. My question is, are these safe to use to seal the drain plug with? Similar products but the one in the bottle is the "premium grade"

They both say NSF among other certifications but the bottled one has fbc compatible as well. The tube one says potable but I'm not sure just because it's okay for human drinking it's ok in saltwater.

Thoughts? I obviously don't want this leaching anything into the water!

Tube:
d4f1b89a579e255c1dc598e37b5470bc.jpg


63253b8b05884b04df366c303d606494.jpg


1b8c40d9024b52974b4c29e8945896f6.jpg


Bottle:
6b91a72d9f42b0157ef6603dbcb916fb.jpg


2d12a4226ec50e2ff766a230c423f111.jpg


a5ad7d73ae169c5bf0f7d89cfc96d29c.jpg



Thanks!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new