Is this rtn or new growth?

FreeEnergyReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
368
Reaction score
141
Location
Inwood,WV
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Accidentally broke it off its entrusting spot in the move stuck in on a frag plug glued it back down. Never had rtn before so idk

20210129_143457.jpg 20210129_145024.jpg 20210129_143529.jpg
 
The white edge around the base,never seen this one encrusted like that. Idk if it's just growing like that cuz it broke or its receding.

I still don’t see much but if I had to guess it’s new growth.

RTN / STN doesn’t necessarily start at the base and it’s like the skin is being stripped away.
 
I still don’t see much but if I had to guess it’s new growth.

RTN / STN doesn’t necessarily start at the base and it’s like the skin is being stripped away
Yea ur right. Thank you I know it's not a good pic so thx for trying. If I see something on any of my coral i really try to figure out what it is early before any damage is done
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 38 31.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new