Is This Snail Poop?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sinkers
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sinkers

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2024
Messages
203
Reaction score
151
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, these little pellets on the left I assume are snail poop, is that correct? As for the brown stain on the right is that snail diarrhea lol, or diatoms?

Do you guys normally vacuum up the poop or with a wave maker will it be suspended in the water column? I have a wave maker still being shipped, it hasn't turned up yet.

IMG_20241206_090044180_AE~2.jpg
 
I’ve never seen snail poop or diarrhea, lol ! The pic is blurry so I have no idea.
Literally just little brown pellets and a brown stain on the sand. Could try get a clearer picture but doubt it's going to achieve anything.
 
I read that hermit crabs will eat the snail poop, anyone know if this is true? But then there's the issue of them pooping everywhere as well lol. Never an issue with fish poop, it ends up in the filter.
 
I read that hermit crabs will eat the snail poop, anyone know if this is true? But then there's the issue of them pooping everywhere as well lol. Never an issue with fish poop, it ends up in the filter.
Don't worry about it.
 
Haha yeh, pellets are snail poop the other is diatoms. Starting to get a heap now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new