Is this tank a goner?

Springroll

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2023
Messages
18
Reaction score
25
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked up this 40g tall tank to make something with it not sure what but there's a large crack on the bottom on the frame. it's thick and the glass is thick too. Oceanic systems Inc. is the tank brand. Can I fill it should I risk it? no glass cracks

17089816834016615709842797045180.jpg
 
Just the wood is cracked, right? I am no expert, so maybe someone more knowledgeable in this topic can help, but I assume patching if it's just the wood will be fine... Right?

Just consider this more of a bump! Good luck, and I hope everything works out for you! :)
 
Bottom rim is plastic not wood and it actually is for more than just aesthetics. Looks like you might be able to repair it with some epoxy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new