Is this the same coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JCOLE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
4,218
Reaction score
10,592
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a piece from a local hobbyist and also picked up another piece from a hobbyist 2 hours away. They both know each other and have traded corals before. I honestly cannot remember what the colonies looked like. They look very similiar and I am wondering if they might be the same coral?

20200130_222012.jpg
20200130_222224.jpg
 
Could be the same coral but it's hard to tell right now.

That really looks like an old school acro that I used to have. Looks a lot like ORA Chip's acro. I would love to have a frag of Chip's acro. I hear they're still out there but do not ship well at all and are best picked up local. That's how got mine years ago.
 
Could be the same coral but it's hard to tell right now.

That really looks like an old school acro that I used to have. Looks a lot like ORA Chip's acro. I would love to have a frag of Chip's acro. I hear they're still out there but do not ship well at all and are best picked up local. That's how got mine years ago.

Yeah not really a great picture. If it turns out to be the one you are looking for then let me know and I will send you a piece.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new