Is this to much par for alveopora?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Christa50
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Christa50

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2019
Messages
140
Reaction score
258
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers. Today I got my new aqua knight light fixture. I run it on my 13 gallon nano. This light gives 260ish par at the top of the tank. With the settings I run now I have around 90 to 100 PAR at the bottom of the tank. The alveopora is placed half way up. Thus receiving 150ish PAR. Is this to much for a alveo or should it be able to handle it? I have a glass lid on top so I guess the light intensity is minus 12%
 
Hi

congrats on the new light. I would recommend an acclimation period for it to get used to the new lights. It would be better less light than more. I am thinking it should settle in around 125-150 maybe

let’s see if anyone else has some thoughts
 
Hi

congrats on the new light. I would recommend an acclimation period for it to get used to the new lights. It would be better less light than more. I am thinking it should settle in around 125-150 maybe

let’s see if anyone else has some thoughts
They were under a 400 PAR light. They did not like it. This is about half the par. We'll see
 
Yea lower par is better or they stay sunk in... can adapt to higher light given enough time.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new