Is this too much direct flow for Frogspawn? (Video Included)

TheNative192

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2025
Messages
3,275
Reaction score
11,064
Location
South West Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s upset since I dipped it and I just added it to my tank today. Ignore the micro bubbles too since I was messing with my return pump as well. I have the spin stream return pumps and for a brief second it aims the flow towards the frogspawn. Is this going to be a problem or do you think this is fine? I do have a Nero 3 across the front of the tank. Thanks for your help in advance.

I do have an MP10 I am not using that I could put across from the Nero 3 in the front of the tank to probably add some push back from having the Nero 3 and MP10 facing each other in the front of the tank.




This is a shot of the tank. I could add the MP10 where the food defroster is across from the Nero 3 and I think that would push flow towards the back of the tank maybe balancing things out? Thoughts?
IMG_6733.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Its a teeny bit more than I would like, the movements on the polyps is a little too sharp, should be a little more gentle IMO. sorry, I know its a pita to fix to the flow, good luck
 
I agree with Mojo. Mine is in pretty high flow but has pauses. See how it does after a couple of days and move if it doesn't look happy. Here are a couple of videos of mine for reference.

 
Last edited:
Its a teeny bit more than I would like, the movements on the polyps is a little too sharp, should be a little more gentle IMO. sorry, I know its a pita to fix to the flow, good luck
I agree with Mojo. Mine is in pretty high flow but has pauses. See how it does after a couple of days and move if it doesn't look happy. Here are a couple of videos of mine for reference.


How about now? If it’s too little flow I can add the MP10 access the from Nero 3 I ended up creating the great rock tower with superglue and a dream lol

 
How about now? If it’s too little flow I can add the MP10 access the from Nero 3 I ended up creating the great rock tower with superglue and a dream lol


That looks really good to me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new