is this too much stock for a 35g cube?

xxoczukxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 20"x20" 35g cube with a roughly 30g sump, so ~60g total water volume with an appropriate amount of rock in both the fuge and the display.

I was looking for the following in terms of stock:

my two phantom clowns im moving over from a smaller tank
hi fin banded goby + pistol shrimp
a firefish or tailspot blenny, something along those lines
a healthy CuC

possibly a pair of bangaii cardinals? these are the fish i am questioning. if id have room to add on top of the others.

any suggestions?

reefpunk707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would be fine with that and even a few more fish. I have 6 smaller fish In a 30 gal
Snowflake Clown, black leopard wrasse, Midas blenny, tailspot blenny, firefish, and hi fin Goby. I just might not add them all at the same time

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have a great group there. A pair of cardinals would probably the max I would add unless you add some clown gobies or trimma, eviota, species. Maybe a pair of neons. Other than that, sound good.

OP
OP
X

xxoczukxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have a great group there. A pair of cardinals would probably the max I would add unless you add some clown gobies or trimma, eviota, species. Maybe a pair of neons. Other than that, sound good.

i do want to add gobies but im unsure about the aggression between gobies. due to wanting a hi fin banded and a firefish, im worried about similar shaped fish and gobies becoming aggressive with so many in a tank this small, although i do like blue neon gobies

SteveEreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine with your list. A couple of things you may want to consider. The number of fish also depending on how much room your rocks and coral take up. For me I have a small 32gallon Biocube with a nice sized rock structure and the corals have grown out a bit so I have two clown fish and a pearl headed jawfish and thats about all I think that will fit. Happy Reefing!

reefpunk707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i do want to add gobies but im unsure about the aggression between gobies. due to wanting a hi fin banded and a firefish, im worried about similar shaped fish and gobies becoming aggressive with so many in a tank this small, although i do like blue neon gobies
My firesish and hi fin do fine together. I've even seen them share the same little cave.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown gobies should be no issue. Totally different shape than the fire. I have never had issues with a shrimp goby being aggressive, so no issues there. I love my neon goby. Always out and active. Like a little dart of blue here and there. Would love to see the tank.
As stated above, depending on rock and coral and other inverts, can play a roll in fish. I like how you have them specific to areas they tend to hang out in. Nice coverage.

Back