Is this urunema?

Angelos

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
9
Location
greece
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently transferred all of my fish from my dt to a qt tank with copper bcs of an ick outbreak. Its a 20 gallon breeder. I had a lot of fish but the majority didn’t make it. I have a hippo tank, 2 ocellaris, 5 chromis and a dartfish. I had some extreme aggression from the clownfish to the chromis so i build them a cage so they dont get bullied. I want to ask if this mark on my chromis is just from bite/bulling from the clownfish or the hippo tank or something else

IMG_0643.jpeg
 
I recently transferred all of my fish from my dt to a qt tank with copper bcs of an ick outbreak. Its a 20 gallon breeder. I had a lot of fish but the majority didn’t make it. I have a hippo tank, 2 ocellaris, 5 chromis and a dartfish. I had some extreme aggression from the clownfish to the chromis so i build them a cage so they dont get bullied. I want to ask if this mark on my chromis is just from bite/bulling from the clownfish or the hippo tank or something else

IMG_0643.jpeg
Looks like an injury. Uronema is oval and ciliated and often mid-body . These fish tend to fight and spook easily. You can safely use Ruby Rally Pro in the tank to prevent infection
 
I recently transferred all of my fish from my dt to a qt tank with copper bcs of an ick outbreak. Its a 20 gallon breeder. I had a lot of fish but the majority didn’t make it. I have a hippo tank, 2 ocellaris, 5 chromis and a dartfish. I had some extreme aggression from the clownfish to the chromis so i build them a cage so they dont get bullied. I want to ask if this mark on my chromis is just from bite/bulling from the clownfish or the hippo tank or something else

IMG_0643.jpeg

It’s the correct color for Uronema, but that isn’t a typical location. How long have you had this fish? Uronema usually shows up in new fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new