Is this what I think it is?

Sean Norman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this post could reside in many places, but I am putting it here. I am a firefighter in California and have been gone on a fire for 28 days. Of course, about 4 days before was to come home.. my Apex went on the fritz. My wife attempted to correct the issue, but it would not reset. I had a small light she was able to put on the tank, not enough, but better than nothing. What I forgot to have her do, was to switch over the heater. I got home and the tank was cool, bit not cold. I did not lose any fish, but many of my corals are gone. All I have are soft, and some LPS. Some of my Zoa's are beginning to come back. I am sending the Apex back for repair, hopefully.
Now, I also found this when I got home Is it Apitasia, or some other Anemone?
I got everything else off the Apex and it is all running and I did a 20percent water change. Hoping my Zoa's pull through.

IMG_5848.jpg

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this post could reside in many places, but I am putting it here. I am a firefighter in California and have been gone on a fire for 28 days. Of course, about 4 days before was to come home.. my Apex went on the fritz. My wife attempted to correct the issue, but it would not reset. I had a small light she was able to put on the tank, not enough, but better than nothing. What I forgot to have her do, was to switch over the heater. I got home and the tank was cool, bit not cold. I did not lose any fish, but many of my corals are gone. All I have are soft, and some LPS. Some of my Zoa's are beginning to come back. I am sending the Apex back for repair, hopefully.
Now, I also found this when I got home Is it Apitasia, or some other Anemone?
I got everything else off the Apex and it is all running and I did a 20percent water change. Hoping my Zoa's pull through.

IMG_5848.jpg
Where are you located?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back