Is Valentini Puffer reef safe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seagre
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Disagree.

My Valentini is probably the easiest fish I have. Not aggressive, leaves corals alone, just have to refresh snail supply every month. Doesn't fight or run from tank mates. They are hit and miss with coral picking though. But generally if you keep them well fed they are fine.

Maybe I was just lucky, but my lil guy is great.
This gives me hope perhaps I’ll try it out!
 
i saw one today and really appreciate you guys posts on the topic. I think i am gonna get it and see how it goes. if it eats all the snails and crabs at least they are inexpensive. How often does it need meat I travel quite a bit lately?
 
I have had one in my 200 for over a year now. It has been a model citizen and does not get bullied or gotten ick. Even when my blue tang had an ick flareup, it was never exhibited on the puffer. It came from a teardown with a group of a variety of fish, and put them in when I just set up the tank.

It is a docile fish that prefers hang out in the rocks during the day and comes out and picks at the rocks at night. I have seen it pick at vermetid snails, so that's a plus. It did eat all of my nassaurius snails, but doesn't touch my trochus or turbos. Mine will eat pellets and mysis no problem.

It's turned out to be one of my favorite fish and I'll definitely try one again in the future when this one passes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new