Issue with new clam

brunpa

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
7
Location
staten island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, this is my first post. I placed a new crocea clam in my tank yesterday. Purchased on a frag plug and attached. I put it in chandlers rock frag plug hole. This morning I woke up it is in the sand in upright position attached to the chandler base but in sand. How do I get it to unattached and place back in rock to attach? Should I leave it there? Although everywhere I read it should be in rock structure. Any suggestions.? Thanks
 
Can you get an image of the plug, and clam if able please? Is this a clam cradle?
What type of lighting and intensity?

Welcome to R2R. 🙂
 
Kessils a360s
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0260.jpeg
    IMG_0260.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0259.jpeg
    IMG_0259.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 28

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new