Issues with royal exclusiv skimmer pump

Blackout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help pls- My royal exclusiv deluxe 200 suddenly died.. not sure exactly when but have a feeling it was after a recent power outage.

It has the RD3 pump with controller - and now there’s no power or lights on the control panel (pulled the fuse out and it seems ok)
The pump and skimmer have been well maintained - but I gave the pump another clean and still no luck.
It’s approx 4 years old ..

Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers

Yodeling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You contact Royal Exclusiv and see what they say, but I would assume your controller died. @slief might be willing to help you troubleshoot although he hasn’t been active on the forum for a while.

imho, if the controller is dead, you have 2 options.
  1. Replace the RD3 controller (about $350)
  2. Buy the brand new Red Dragon X pump with a controller. The RDX pumps are the new pumps that replaced RD3s and are significantly cheaper. The RDX pump with a controller will cost about $350. This would be my choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Blackout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You contact Royal Exclusiv and see what they say, but I would assume your controller died. @slief might be willing to help you troubleshoot although he hasn’t been active on the forum for a while.

imho, if the controller is dead, you have 2 options.
  1. Replace the RD3 controller (about $350)
  2. Buy the brand new Red Dragon X pump with a controller. The RDX pumps are the new pumps that replaced RD3s and are significantly cheaper. The RDX pump with a controller will cost about $350. This would be my choice.
Thank you!

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a similar situation. The controller on my DC200 died. Contacted @slief and exchanged the bad controller for a new controller at a discounted price.

OP
OP
B

Blackout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for replies - I’m in Australia. Ended up with a new aftermarket controller which is working well so far.

Greg_B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're good with replacing surface mount electronic components, then take it apart, and replace C7, C8, C14, C15, C31 and C32. These are 10uF, 50V surface mount capacitors. That got mine going.
Greg B - Repair Technician @ Hardcore Electronics, London, Ontario, Canada

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back