It’s here

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So psyched I just picked up my new 55gal set up for my seahorses. Can’t wait to see it up n running but I’m gonna take deep breath and slow my pace I have no rush and wanna make it a seahorse playground

D5FDD516-A15E-478C-8986-4DB2113AC21E.jpeg

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So exciting! One day I'll have seahorses. Maybe when I retire and have more time. Good luck! Keep us posted on the build!

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using something like this when the inside is wet we’ll take that coralline off like it’s nothing. I have to do it so often to the front of my display, otherwise I couldn’t see inside!

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using something like this when the inside is wet we’ll take that coralline off like it’s nothing. I have to do it so often to the front of my display, otherwise I couldn’t see inside!

Cool tool. Home Depot I’m guessing I’m definitely gonna get one thanks for idea

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So cool. My local shop just setup a seahorse tank with colored chain and macro. I'd love to have one but my kids would be all over it stressing them out

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So cool. My local shop just setup a seahorse tank with colored chain and macro. I'd love to have one but my kids would be all over it stressing them out
Should do it anyway they put smile on ur face no matter how bad ur mood is

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess if they can make it in a shop and zoo they'll be ok. That's another project for another yr though
Ok folks getting ready to put my 55gal set up together soon and will post and do pics the whole way. This is step one. Soaking everything in fresh water and vinegar 2 days

5D86B312-51DE-47F1-AD89-34616D6FA784.jpeg

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always cringe when I hear someone choosing a 55 gallon for saltwater, because my mind always goes to the 4ft narrow version. This is a really cool size though is it a cube? Can't wait to see it wet bud

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was gonna setup my 10 gallon as another nano reef...but all this talk about sea horses.... >.<
I’d recommend it the joy of watching them never gets old. I’m at point where my ponies come to top and let me scratch their heads n necks. They actually push each other out of way to be next

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d recommend it the joy of watching them never gets old. I’m at point where my ponies come to top and let me scratch their heads n necks. They actually push each other out of way to be next
Like I said. Very tempted to. But I am worried that I would basically have to start over with my setup as I am worried the pump/filtrr I got mught be too strong.

Basically here is what I got. I decided to do an AIO setup by purchasing a Fiji Cube 10 gallon AIO Kit. I aske for the 2nd Gen version, as they told me they still had some in back inventory and I prefer the media basket to just the sock that the 3rd Gen version comes with. On their site, it recommended a 115 gph pump, so that is what I got for the AIO Kit. Would that be too strong flow for the sea horses?

Also is it possible to have corals and Sea Horses, or is that a no go?

What type of sea horses could fit in a 10 gallon, and where would I be able to get them?

inletfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said. Very tempted to. But I am worried that I would basically have to start over with my setup as I am worried the pump/filtrr I got mught be too strong.

Basically here is what I got. I decided to do an AIO setup by purchasing a Fiji Cube 10 gallon AIO Kit. I aske for the 2nd Gen version, as they told me they still had some in back inventory and I prefer the media basket to just the sock that the 3rd Gen version comes with. On their site, it recommended a 115 gph pump, so that is what I got for the AIO Kit. Would that be too strong flow for the sea horses?

What type of sea horses could fit in a 10 gallon, and where would I be able to get them?
i think seahorses need much larger than a 10g

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

With a ten gallon tank I’d go 3 horses small in size. I know the rule is 30 gallon for 2 horses n 15 gal for each other one u put in. The 3 in 10 is MY own opinion many others will disagree. Also I’d get Erectus seahorses they r hardy n don’t mind colder water which will cut down on filth n such. I keep my tank at 66 to 70. Basically room temperature. That is what works for me

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could probably get a few dwarf sea horses, but once again, where would I get them and is the flow too strong?
Seahorses live way in ocean where there’s constant current running 24 7 365 so I think they’ll be finessing

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back