It’s plumbed woohoo!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2022
Messages
7,135
Reaction score
10,439
Location
Easton
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are officially looking at a plumbed and leak tested tank and sump! Woohoo!
IMG_1001.jpeg
 
Not bad. One recommendation: flip the skimmer so you can get the cup out without going over the pipe. Easier to clean that way.
True. But I don’t clean it enough to say I need to move it I can drain it when needed and move it to clean when I do. I’m hoping the stronger pump I got actually lets me use it this time. I’ve had it for around a year and never used it/been able to get it foamy.
 
True. But I don’t clean it enough to say I need to move it I can drain it when needed and move it to clean when I do. I’m hoping the stronger pump I got actually lets me use it this time. I’ve had it for around a year and never used it/been able to get it foamy.

Learn from my mistake: if something is hard to clean, you won’t clean it as often as you should.

I like the multicolor sump btw.
 
Learn from my mistake: if something is hard to clean, you won’t clean it as often as you should.

I like the multicolor sump btw.
Me too! It matches my new sign!
IMG_0924.jpeg
 
Congrats!!!!

Glad to see Hewbie's new tank is coming together!

Me too! It matches my new sign!
IMG_0924.jpeg
This is fantastic!!! Just love it!!! I may have to ask you who did it so I can get something similar :-)
 
By the way, I see some cabinet doors in the pic. Did I miss what you ended up doing for your stand's skin and doors?
 
By the way, I see some cabinet doors in the pic. Did I miss what you ended up doing for your stand's skin and doors?
No! That’s my kitchen/fireplace area. This is Hewbie’s area.
IMG_0940.jpeg
 
No! That’s my kitchen/fireplace area. This is Hewbie’s area.
IMG_0940.jpeg
That is fantastic! You guys did that with little woodworking experience? I am seriously impressed!
 
Good call with the door on the short side too, you never can have too much access under the tank.
 
That is fantastic! You guys did that with little woodworking experience? I am seriously impressed!
No! I ended up hiring a local carpenter to finish it. It’s not done yet as he has to come back and install the trim and make a canopy. But he is incredibly talented lol.
 
No! I ended up hiring a local carpenter to finish it. It’s not done yet as he has to come back and install the trim and make a canopy. But he is incredibly talented lol.
I really like woodworking, and I consider myself a solid intermediate lol! I could not have pulled off that skin and trim in the short time I know you've had this tank and have been working on the stand. Money well spent on the pro, it looks fantastic, and you got your tank up and running 4 times faster than I ever could DIY'ing my builds.

Great job!!
 
I really like woodworking, and I consider myself a solid intermediate lol! I could not have pulled off that skin and trim in the short time I know you've had this tank and have been working on the stand. Money well spent on the pro, it looks fantastic, and you got your tank up and running 4 times faster than I ever could DIY'ing my builds.

Great job!!
100% plus we realized we didn’t have the right tools and none of us could make it look that good or even remotely close. He got it done in about a day. It was just a waiting game for the paint to dry that took the longest. But it took me so many calls to find him and I got really lucky I did.:) Because most places didn’t want to do it, were too busy, or charged a fortune.
 
100% plus we realized we didn’t have the right tools and none of us could make it look that good or even remotely close. He got it done in about a day. It was just a waiting game for the paint to dry that took the longest. But it took me so many calls to find him and I got really lucky I did.:) Because most places didn’t want to do it, were too busy, or charged a fortune.
I'm glad you found a local pro who was willing to work with you, definitely worth it. You stand looks great, and I can see the unlit "Hewbie light" on the wall. Really nice job :-)
 
So who made the light? Was that like an Etsy thing?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new