It finally arrived. Innovative Marine 75 EXT new build thread.

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally have some time to work on the tank .I decided not to run two pumps right now but plumbed a tee in the return line for one if I decide I want one in the future. I'm thinking I will. Also plumbed in a manifold with two 1/2 inch ball valves for extra equipment. Hoping to start setting up the RODI system tomorrow.

Attachments

• Tank pumbing with manifold.jpg
    Tank pumbing with manifold.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 52

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I’ve been thinking of getting one of those also but I’m black, they did a great job on the plumbing with the 3 valves, the only thing i don’t like is they used gate valves, i much rather have ball valves

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I’ve been thinking of getting one of those also but I’m black, they did a great job on the plumbing with the 3 valves, the only thing i don’t like is they used gate valves, i much rather have ball valves
I put the manifold in the plumbing that was included with the tank myself. The only gate valve is the main drain control . The other three are tru-union ball valves. There are unions on both ends and on the valves If there's a problem or I want to change something.
I'm new at saltwater tanks and external plumbing . Still trying to figure things out.

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 6 of cycling. Ammonia is at 1.5 , the same as yesterday. PH is holding at 8 as it's been since the start . Nitrite is up to .1, higher than yesterday. What I don't understand is the nitrates are at ten. Shouldn't the ammonia drop to near zero before this happens?

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 6 of cycling. Ammonia is at 1.5 , the same as yesterday. PH is holding at 8 as it's been since the start . Nitrite is up to .1, higher than yesterday. What I don't understand is the nitrates are at ten. Shouldn't the ammonia drop to near zero before this happens?
bump

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We haven't posted in a while. The 75 gallon is finally cycled. Ammonia is at zero , Nitrites at zero and Nitrates are at ten . Set up a 20 gallon qt and put two fire gobys in it yesterday. They're sticking near the bottom but ate some mysis today . planning to do a copper power treatment before putting them in the main tank . So far so good.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great. Excited for you. How much space from the back of the tank to the wall do you need? I have the 100 and am wondering. I am going to lay tile down.

Thanks for any help
Shelley

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We haven't posted in a while. The 75 gallon is finally cycled. Ammonia is at zero , Nitrites at zero and Nitrates are at ten . Set up a 20 gallon qt and put two fire gobys in it yesterday. They're sticking near the bottom but ate some mysis today . planning to do a copper power treatment before putting them in the main tank . So far so good.
Great! Looking forward to watch this one grow.

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great. Excited for you. How much space from the back of the tank to the wall do you need? I have the 100 and am wondering. I am going to lay tile down.

Thanks for any help
Shelley
The tank measures 6 inches from the wall. The stand measures 5 7/8 inches. This left just enough room for the ball valves on the return lines. This is with the plumbing system included with the tank and stand

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The firefish have been in the qt for two weeks now and look really good and seem quite happy. We're still trying to decide weather to do a copper treatment. So much conflicting info on here about it.
If they are looking good I would add a black molly. If there is something there you will see it on the mollys fairly soon. I do slowly acclimate my mollys to saltwater over a week.

Good luck,
Shelley

OP
OP
B&CinB.C.

B&CinB.C.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We haven't updated this thread for a while . Mostly seems to be going ok. The lights have been on for about two months now , (two AI Prime 16's) , turned down and quite blue . Brown algae came shortly after the lights but hasn't been too bad. Not sure what kind it is . Taking care of it on the gravel with a gravel vac and two astrea snails and a bicolor blenny are keeping the rocks clean . Inhabitants so far are the blenny(Benny) and snails(the waldos) , two firefish (Frick N Frack) and a fiji puffer (Percival) . Trying to be patient and let things progress slowly.
So far so good I think

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back