CK bozo birthday
IMG_4795.jpeg

Everyone is waking up
IMG_4809.jpeg

Including the alve’s
IMG_4806.jpeg

Buttons up
IMG_4789.jpeg
Welcome back Becca. Hope things are going great!

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back Becca. Hope things are going great!
Things are better all around. Working on making things great….but that’s normal….. I’m thisclose to finishing my MBA I can almost taste victory

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I feel bad (ok not really) I didn't even send you a card...

When my birthday gets here I have a bunch of doctors appointments on it... gonna be a blast.

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugly truth in reefing... volume 1 Million...

AEFW. Found some in my reef yesterday. I have no idea how they have gotten in. I must have missed some eggs during a dip. I am very diligent about dipping and have been since putting up the 360 (coming up on 1 year in this glass box). I use Bayer on every new coral for an 8 minute bath followed by a rinse in iodine, coral rx, and cipro.
The most effected coral is one I got about 5 months ago, a red millie that had been slowly turning pale and going down hill. It was a larger colony about 4x4x2. I thought it was due to a recent addition of a Radion, causing the par to increase by a bit. I removed it and fragged off a couple of pieces that were near the tips and gave them a 10 minute bath after inspecting for eggs. My Tri color Valida, which was one of my first corals in the original tank was a complete loss. The colony was about 5x4x4. I also found some on my WWC yellow tip. I had recently cut the yellow tip so i had a few pieces that i inspected that were safe, kept those, and trashed the rest. 2 years worth of growth.
I took clippings from the underside branches of all of my remaining colonies (tank is 70% acros) and found no additional affected colonies. This is where they are most likely to be found. I will continue to do weekly clippings for the next 90 days to inspect. By the time this is over I will either have no acros, or a whole bunch of safe frags.

Why do i feel like my tank now has a STD... Dirty Fishy Wonderland :(

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ugly truth in reefing... volume 1 Million...

AEFW. Found some in my reef yesterday. I have no idea how they have gotten in. I must have missed some eggs during a dip. I am very diligent about dipping and have been since putting up the 360 (coming up on 1 year in this glass box). I use Bayer on every new coral for an 8 minute bath followed by a rinse in iodine, coral rx, and cipro.
The most effected coral is one I got about 5 months ago, a red millie that had been slowly turning pale and going down hill. It was a larger colony about 4x4x2. I thought it was due to a recent addition of a Radion, causing the par to increase by a bit. I removed it and fragged off a couple of pieces that were near the tips and gave them a 10 minute bath after inspecting for eggs. My Tri color Valida, which was one of my first corals in the original tank was a complete loss. The colony was about 5x4x4. I also found some on my WWC yellow tip. I had recently cut the yellow tip so i had a few pieces that i inspected that were safe, kept those, and trashed the rest. 2 years worth of growth.
I took clippings from the underside branches of all of my remaining colonies (tank is 70% acros) and found no additional affected colonies. This is where they are most likely to be found. I will continue to do weekly clippings for the next 90 days to inspect. By the time this is over I will either have no acros, or a whole bunch of safe frags.

Why do i feel like my tank now has a STD... Dirty Fishy Wonderland :(
Ahhh the reef...isn't it such a double edged sword.

Things going perfect and then f u from the pest gods.

You got this tho, and like everything else...it takes time.
Breathe Chill Out GIF by CSDRMS

OP
OP
F

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#Cronies and anyone else who wants to chime in.

Considering something drastic.
With the recent discovery of the AEFW in my reef I am considering tearing it apart.
I have been trying to slowly eliminate some different corals that I no longer desire like plating and encrusting montis, zoas, and palys.
I am thinking about removing all of my acros to be able to better inspect them and treat them if needed.
Then going through and removing any coral that i wish to keep and putting all of them in a separate tank or holding bin while I remove everything I don't want in the reef. Unless they are already where I want them in which case I will leave them.
This also allows me to remove the food source of the AEFW from my reef to break the life cycle which I understand to be about 28 days. Hopefully ensuring that my tank is rid of them before placing my coral back in.
Thoughts on this idea, is it time for a reset (not fire storm) in Fishy's Fraggy Wonderland? I have some time off of work coming up that would allow me to work on it for a couple of days straight, so about a week or 2 to really think about this idea.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back