It's time (and long overdue) for me to introduce you formally to @Seawitch!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hope you all have had a Merry Christmas and wonderful holiday season!

It's time (and long overdue) for me to introduce you formally to @Seawitch.

Untitled-4.jpg

Seawitch (Cynthia) is working with us to help improve and beef up our articles section with an eye to improving our search engine optimization and attracting more reefers, wannabe reefers, and the general public.

Don't worry. She has plenty of credentials and experience as both a writer and editor, with a BA in English from NYU. If you want to read some things she has written, here's an editorial in a major Vancouver newspaper, here's an article for a woodworking magazine, and here's an article for a Kentucky newspaper. Fortunately for R2R, she has 15 years of experience as a marketing executive and also works with an internet marketing agency writing blogs for science-based businesses, press releases, and she also edits book manuscripts in her spare time. From this background, she has acquired significant knowledge in search engine optimization and social media marketing, which is useful for us.

She does not have a lot of experience reefing, but she makes up for that by studying topics as much as possible, reading tons of peer-reviewed research papers (which she has easy and free access to because her daughter has a Ph.D.), setting up her own saltwater tank, and asking for help when she needs it. She is an expert on freshwater and planted aquariums. She understands her limitations on the subject of SW tanks and is careful to provide lots of references for any articles she writes herself as well as discussing them with experts either inside or outside the forum.

At R2R we still welcome articles from anyone in the forum on any marine biology or saltwater aquarium subject. The only change here is that all articles to be published--except those coming in on an RSS feed--will flow through her hands. She may edit an article for clarity or SEO or formatting or readability, and she will schedule the publication since she is using a calendar so as to spread out the subject matter. It's possible she may contact a forum author and ask questions. Please don't be insulted if she does. She has a job to do, and she's just trying to make things better than they have been on the articles page for our benefit.

If you are writing an article or want to write an article, please contact her. Similarly, if you are interested in reading drafts of articles before publication or helping her with research stateside or suggesting article topics or just want to be someone she bounces ideas off of, private message her. She is very plugged-in and on the forum day and night, reading, writing, editing, fact-checking, making sure that photograph attributions are correct (and legal), editing older articles, creating a database of previously published articles, and whatever else @mdbannister and I want her to do.

You will find that she is very laid-back and easy to get along with. She is someone who reads dictionaries for fun. Not kidding! HA!

And if she posts a forum question related to an upcoming article, I ask that you please speak up and answer in her threads for the good of the community! :) This is how she gets some of the information for articles, which helps all of us.

And btw, do you like the idea of crosswords and caption contests? These were her ideas to create more fun and interactive content.

Please extend to her a warm welcome. @mdbannister and I are thrilled to have her work with us, and she is thrilled to be here.

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome @Seawitch to R2R!!! Please be gentle on us for our bad language skills, LOL!!!

LOL no worries there. I correct stuff silently so no one knows or feels funny about it. This reminds me of the time I cooked dinner for a friend who was a pastry chef. Talk about scared.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is an expert on freshwater and planted aquariums. She understands her limitations on the subject of SW tanks

It means that she also understand that to hold a stable SW tank is much, much easier compared with have a stable low pH FW tank :) :)

An advise @Seawitch - use your knowledge of SW tanks and planted aquaria and your common sense - a SW tank will be a piece of cake when. The biology its the same - there are some difference in chemistry - but often in favour for SW tanks - - you do not need to care fore nitrite - and if you have run tanks with high pH chiclids - ammoniac (ammonia ion) is no problems :)

Welcome to R2R

Sincerely Lasse

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • D/C

Votes: 44 62.0%
  • Both

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 12 16.9%
Back