Ivan's pico reef!

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pico tank is looking great as usual. Is it me or do you have the opportunity to change a number of frags around on varying occassion?

curious...what kind of work or store do you do? don't say aquarium...as i'll be jealous ;)

OP
OP
Iván Olalla

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pico tank is looking great as usual. Is it me or do you have the opportunity to change a number of frags around on varying occassion?

curious...what kind of work or store do you do? don't say aquarium...as i'll be jealous ;)
I try to not move them around, but when fellow reefers visit always want a fresh cut, so i comply...lol...

Actually my job Is not hobbie related, we have a family owned small factory, we make seats for buses, mostly for private companies that provide transportation services to big factories like GM, Toyota, VW and the automotive cluster in the northeast of Mexico

IMG_20190705_100259.jpg

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to not move them around, but when fellow reefers visit always want a fresh cut, so i comply...lol...

Actually my job Is not hobbie related, we have a family owned small factory, we make seats for buses, mostly for private companies that provide transportation services to big factories like GM, Toyota, VW and the automotive cluster in the northeast of Mexico

IMG_20190705_100259.jpg
I can see why you put the hours you do in. Does sound like at times your clients and schedule can be demanding.

OP
OP
Iván Olalla

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Work has been chaotic, long hours....but i'm making progress with the frag tank. My aproach to lighting will be lots of it keeping an easy acces to the tank using lifters

15690817909304136610561260543251.jpg

OP
OP
Iván Olalla

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous tank for that size. Those acros are doing great. What are you dosing?
tks a lot! i try to keep it simple:

10% wc every 10 days and fill the kalk container with a fresh batch of fully saturated kalk.... i dose 40 ml every 2 hours with a dosing pump and that keeps my alk in the 8/8.3 dkh range rock steady and ph around 8.4/8.5

Other than that only feeding (reef chili and reef roids) and aminos with acropower weekly dosing

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have to trim the corals aggressively ? My pico and nano tanks has reached a point where I’m trimming them almost every other week

OP
OP
Iván Olalla

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have to trim the corals aggressively ? My pico and nano tanks has reached a point where I’m trimming them almost every other week
Yes, the gorg i cut at least twice a month, the green monti i chip the growth to avoid shadowing below, and already have lost several zoa colnies due to one being more dominant, i need to finish the frag setup soon and trim a lot in order to save most colonies... on the other hand the clowns love the zoa garden, regards!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back