I've got my self into a pickle...Is this ICK?

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a pre quarantined Flame Angle and a Mandarin a few weeks back and put them into my display tank. The two both got attacked by the other fish in my display tank, torn fins and beat up. I scoop them out to save them and put them in my spare tank. Last weekend the Flame got 2 elongated spots on it looked a little like a white fluke at least I thought so. The white elongated spots disappeared the next day and have not seen any issues until today.

So now I'm seeing two white dots... thinking its Ick?

So normally Id just do hyposalinity and move on no big deal but I have the Mandarin in there so what do I do with the Mandarin? Can the Mandarin take hyposalinity?

I think my options are:

1) Move the mandarin to a 2 gallon pico tank, I am growing my own Phyto and Pods so I can feed it in the little tank. Observe and hope for no ICK on the Mandarin to some day re introduce back into my main display
2) Do Hypo on the Flame to eventually get it re introduced back into my main display
3) Put a huge UV light pond light on the tank and hope for the best, feed well

Any other options I'm missing?

I will half to move my corals, chaeto and snail to a 5 gallon bucket for 3 months :-(

The mandarin seems fine the Flame paces at times on the glass on the right side of the tank pictures and video attached.

Suggestions please

image_123650291 (1).JPG image_123650291 (3).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0.mp4
    3.1 MB
Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I got a pre quarantined Flame Angle and a Mandarin a few weeks back and put them into my display tank. The two both got attacked by the other fish in my display tank, torn fins and beat up. I scoop them out to save them and put them in my spare tank. Last weekend the Flame got 2 elongated spots on it looked a little like a white fluke at least I thought so. The white elongated spots disappeared the next day and have not seen any issues until today.

So now I'm seeing two white dots... thinking its Ick?

So normally Id just do hyposalinity and move on no big deal but I have the Mandarin in there so what do I do with the Mandarin? Can the Mandarin take hyposalinity?

I think my options are:

1) Move the mandarin to a 2 gallon pico tank, I am growing my own Phyto and Pods so I can feed it in the little tank. Observe and hope for no ICK on the Mandarin to some day re introduce back into my main display
2) Do Hypo on the Flame to eventually get it re introduced back into my main display
3) Put a huge UV light pond light on the tank and hope for the best, feed well

Any other options I'm missing?

I will half to move my corals, chaeto and snail to a 5 gallon bucket for 3 months :-(

The mandarin seems fine the Flame paces at times on the glass on the right side of the tank pictures and video attached.

Suggestions please

image_123650291 (1).JPG image_123650291 (3).JPG
I dont believe its Ich, at least yet. It can be a nick, a sand grain or cyst. If ich, check again tomorrow, Ich will move and multiply along the body every 24 hours. In the meantime, assure you have good water quality and furnishing proper diet. This fish is both a herbivore and carnivore. A good diet is LRS Fish Frenzy

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been feeding frozen mysis with a drop of selcon and a bit of seaweed along with Amphipods and copepods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Been feeding frozen mysis with a drop of selcon and a bit of seaweed along with Amphipods and copepods
Very insufficient diet.
Recommended:
LRS fish Frenzy
Formula 2 frozen
small plankton
Hikari chopped krill
Spirulina brine shrimp
TDO Pellets

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got formula 2 frozen and feed that from time to time. I’m going to add some fresh hatched brine. I’ll see if I can order the LRS frenzy, nothing I can buy locally Here in Northern Minnesota.

Fish still has the same two bumps that it had on Friday, not sure what it is

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 92 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back