Is this ick

leonk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw my fire fish looked like it had white spots on it and immediately pulled it out of my dt and into a smaller tank with nothing in it. Now it looks like there is nothing on them… any ideas?

IMG_8679.jpeg

OP
OP
L

leonk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw my fire fish looked like it had white spots on it and immediately pulled it out of my dt and into a smaller tank with nothing in it. Now it looks like there is nothing on them… any ideas?

IMG_8679.jpeg
Posted a better one

Attachments

• IMG_8679.jpeg
    IMG_8679.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
L

leonk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to make anything out with the heavy blue light - can you repost under whites?
I took them out of the dt so there are no lights in the small quarantine tank haven’t started any treatment but now I can’t see anything on them… not sure but scared

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Appears to be a bacterial issue which they are susceptible to and based on the size and location of the spots should be treated with Seachem Neoplex in a quarantine tank or you can use ruby Rally in the tank but will take longer and not be as effective as Neoplex

OP
OP
L

leonk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears to be a bacterial issue which they are susceptible to and based on the size and location of the spots should be treated with Seachem Neoplex in a quarantine tank or you can use ruby Rally in the tank but will take longer and not be as effective as Neoplex
so not ich? And if it were how fast would they die and the other fish? If untreated. Thank you

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
so not ich? And if it were how fast would they die and the other fish? If untreated. Thank you
Ich moves and multiplies every 24 hours and will cover the fish and weaken the fish to the point of death. You will see more dots and coverage tomorrow if it is/were ich

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back