OP
OP
Richard Ivory

Richard Ivory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me on this, save the money for a decent lens, it is a companion hobby for me, great pics. :)
i am going to mate my friend at work just lent me his camera and lenses to try ,as he said it would be pointless going and buying 1st if i did not like or could not use ,well i liked a lot ,and with our 1st grandchild also on the way ,i can use for both
the tank and the baby ,so saving now

OP
OP
Richard Ivory

Richard Ivory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seeded my diy hog algae scrubber about 2-3 weeks ago now and I think it's taking hold ,which I am happy about ,all I might have to do is rough up the mesh a bit more so it can attach better in the future
6e9b2f84a205a222132390dd015a0680.jpg
db159364b363c23b05b483de1ceb7c08.jpg
c0f742dd933db253591a5f7cf53b8061.jpg

OP
OP
Richard Ivory

Richard Ivory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
missed the water change last week ,but did this week also 1st week with the carbo calcium and every thing is nice and stable now ,except mag which has never been anyway ,all the corals seem to have more polyp extension and better colour as well dont know if this is down to the K and A elements i am dosing or the tank is just starting to mature more now ,time will tell

but at the present i am happy with every thing at the moment

the mag might also be that i am filling the syringe correct now

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these new clarisea longer rolls are going to last a lot longer this is a weeks worth so far and really dark too so i am a happy reefer ,i think they changed the micron too

clar1.jpg clar2.jpg clar3.jpg
Is it a good quality piece of kit Richard, I’m doing a little planning and have the SK5000 version in mind ?

OP
OP
Richard Ivory

Richard Ivory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a good quality piece of kit Richard, I’m doing a little planning and have the SK5000 version in mind ?
it is mate the first few rolls did not last that long as was picking up all the dirt ,now they have made this longer one with a different micron ,its much better ,they did give me one to test a few month ago and it was good ,so glad it now on the market now ,will make the clarisea much better

OP
OP
Richard Ivory

Richard Ivory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just as everything was going so well DISASTER

my light fell in my DT while i was at work ,my wife rang but by the time i got home she had removed it but the damage was done a yellow substance had come out the light ,which i can only think was led cement

i think all my corals will die they all have stringy **** coming off them ,and have lost 3/4 of my fish too ,the skimmer was going nuts ,i could not keep up with it ,but its under control now

put some new carbon in i will keep changing this every 2 days i think

will do water changes every day now too for a week or so ,i ordered a icp test to see what is going on even though this will take

and will be getting a polyfilter today to help

SO SO GUTTED AS EVERYTHING WAS DOING SO WELL AT THE MOMENT AND THE WIFE WANT ME TO SELL IT ALL NOW AS WELL

which i will not do , i ordered another light yesterday will be here today ,but this is going to be a very,very slow comeback ,as all my money is tied up in the house renovations till the end of the year ,which i must get done with our 1st grandchild due in December

so the fightback begins today but dont hold out much hope for the corals at all

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

my light fell in my DT while i was at work ,my wife rang but by the time i got home she had removed it but the damage was done a yellow substance had come out the light ,which i can only think was led cement

i think all my corals will die they all have stringy **** coming off them ,and have lost 3/4 of my fish too ,the skimmer was going nuts ,i could not keep up with it ,but its under control now

will do water changes every day now too for a week or so ,i ordered a icp test to see what is going on even though this will take

SO SO GUTTED AS EVERYTHING WAS DOING SO WELL AT THE MOMENT AND THE WIFE WANT ME TO SELL IT ALL NOW AS WELL

which i will not do , i ordered another light yesterday will be here today ,but this is going to be a very,very slow comeback ,as all my money is tied up in the house renovations till the end of the year ,which i must get done with our 1st grandchild due in December

Damnnn man what a shame... cant believe it. How much of your water are you changing out daily?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Keep us updated please, fingers crossed for you.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry to hear this Richard and I hope the water changes and carbon help bring it back in line for you.

Fingers crossed

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is heartbreaking to hear.. hopefully you will be back on track soon.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back