OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought of another question.. I have a frag of oragon blue tort (can be seen in post 146.) I don't have an updated pic at the moment but the body of the frag has turned mostly green.. Does anyone know what possible reasons this could cause this happen?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is a cali tort - the photo and the color shift make me think that. IME when I have them under bright light they are purple, and when the light isn't quite as intense they get green in them.

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, but I was told it was the original Oregon blue tort from a good vendor. Lol I hope that is the case because it looked spot on when I got the frag. I'm also thinking lighting shouldn't be the issue. Its at the top of the reef with 2 radion gen 3 pros over it at 70%

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other reasons why this coral would have a lot of highlights of green?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope some others can give some more information. I didn't think OT turned green. FYI I noticed cali going green below 300 PAR for LEDs and 350 and up goes all purple. The original picture it looks more purple and not blue?

I am no coral ID expert though. I do think more light would take the green out unless it's under 400 PAR already.

OP
OP
J Rog

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, when I bought it it was a bit purple. But more so a rich blue. I did attempt to higher my radion's intensity a month or so ago but things didn't look to hot. So lowered back to 70% and everything looked fine. With the exception of this coral turning greenish. But I'm pretty sure it started to get the green highlights before messing with the light intensity

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back