Jack’s JBJ 28 Build

jacka342

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2020
Messages
66
Reaction score
27
Location
Montana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I figured I would create a build thread to keep track of my tank’s progress and maybe give anyone who has the same tank another perspective! This tank has been up and running for about 5 years, however in the past few months my interest has really peaked. Before, it was a fish and invert only tank and to be quite honest I thought this was cool but it never really excited me all that much. Once discovering corals and reef tanks my excitement was unparalleled! My current stock includes:
8 Red Legged Hermits (1 is massive)
3 Trochus Snails
3 Astrea Snails
3 Bumblebee Snails
3 Nerite Snails (I think)
1 Cleaner Shrimp
2 Emerald Crabs
1 Scooter Blenny
1 Clownfish (this thing was my first fish 5 years ago and has somehow made it through several die offs and all of my mistakes)
1 BTA
2 Zoa Frags
1 Paly Frag
1 Clove Polyp Frag

For equipment I have:
Stock Return Pumps
Cheap Powerhead
AI Prime 16 HD

I do not run a skimmer or any chemical filtration, just a deep sand bed and 5 years worth of biological filtration! So far the corals seem to be doing great and I can’t wait to keep adding more. Of course all of my pictures look terrible because I do not have a camera filter, but I promise you it looks pretty cool in person!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
Tank update! Since the last post I have added

Peach tip frogspawn
Amber sea fan
Teal hammer
Fruit loops zoas
Magician zoas

Zoa and Euphyllia garden are shaping up!
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 44

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new