Jack O Lantern Leptoseris PAR

  • Thread starter Thread starter maccyg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

maccyg

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2020
Messages
26
Reaction score
9
Location
Chesterfield
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I am due to acquire a Jack O Lantern Leptoseris in the next couple of days. I keep mainly Montipora in my tank, my tank is 24"x24"x24" with a Radion XR30w Gen 4 (probably slightly overkill on the lighting but I have it turned down to 50% and is still in acclimation mode after upgrading from an AI Prime a few weeks back).

Anyway, I know Leptoseris aren't such big fans of lighting so my plan is to place it down low. What would you advise in terms of PAR levels? I was wondering whether 150 would be about right or maybe below 100? Anything else I should think about?

I have a 24k Psammacora which initially didn't like my lighting much (see my previous posts) but is now doing great under 150PAR and I know they are kind of similar corals.
 
If you think your tank is over kill with that light, I run 2 XR30 Gen 3 over the same footprint (60g Cube). Never enough!...LOL
 
As for PAR, 150 should do it justice
 
Last edited:
Cheers - appreciate the response!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new