Jack O Lantern Leptoseris PAR

  • Thread starter Thread starter maccyg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

maccyg

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2020
Messages
26
Reaction score
9
Location
Chesterfield
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I am due to acquire a Jack O Lantern Leptoseris in the next couple of days. I keep mainly Montipora in my tank, my tank is 24"x24"x24" with a Radion XR30w Gen 4 (probably slightly overkill on the lighting but I have it turned down to 50% and is still in acclimation mode after upgrading from an AI Prime a few weeks back).

Anyway, I know Leptoseris aren't such big fans of lighting so my plan is to place it down low. What would you advise in terms of PAR levels? I was wondering whether 150 would be about right or maybe below 100? Anything else I should think about?

I have a 24k Psammacora which initially didn't like my lighting much (see my previous posts) but is now doing great under 150PAR and I know they are kind of similar corals.
 
If you think your tank is over kill with that light, I run 2 XR30 Gen 3 over the same footprint (60g Cube). Never enough!...LOL
 
As for PAR, 150 should do it justice
 
Last edited:
Cheers - appreciate the response!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new