OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The deterioration of the coral seems to have slowed or stopped but it isn't getting any better either which concerns me. As we all know how sps can be particularly acro's.... I'm changing another 54 gallons of water today as soon as I can get my grandbaby settled down because my last day off was yesterday. And hopefully this is the last of the water changes because I already went through my 200 gallon box and have to wait for more to arrive.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will all be okay have George Michaels faith
Yeah, I'm just greatful that I didn't lose the whole tank- which I could have. I'm going to cut a couple of frags off the ones that don't look very good at their base just in case I lose that colony today. My candlelight concert acro, red planet, bonsai and an unknown acro all took a hit so they will all get fragged. I'll be hoping for full recoveries on my lps and mystic sunset.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have three boat batteries ran parallel and two power inverters. To power my return pumps.

Just a thought as it's a cheaper route then a generator well at least for me it was.

But I still have to be home to do the switch

Just an idea for next time

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, all that damage from just a few hours without power? That is terrible. Hopefully everything will recover. The is looking great otherwise!
Thank you :D

It was about 4 hours with no flow, 2 hours with bubblers and near the end 1:40 with return running from Glenn's generator on his semi. The semi generator was an afterthought of my husband's. The power was out approximately 6 hours total. Yes you can start losing coral and about 2 hours. So I do consider myself lucky.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have three boat batteries ran parallel and two power inverters. To power my return pumps.

Just a thought as it's a cheaper route then a generator well at least for me it was.

But I still have to be home to do the switch

Just an idea for next time
Marine batteries are pretty expensive too LOL . sometimes around here we can find snow birds selling off their generators from up North and have been on the lookout for one of those.

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank seems to be slowly crashing since the power outage [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too. I'm hoping for the best of course and fragging off from the most damaged corals in hopes to have a replacement for any that don't make it
Well when you get back up to Jersey I will make you a care package of Bus Batteries and frags. I do not trust myself on shipping

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope things recover for you guys Jackie. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I need ur help how do you have your heaters hooked up to ur apex I'm guessing u have two how do you have them programmed and what is your temp swing? Also what do u have the actual heaters thermostat at? Also what outlet as I just found out some can't go on 4 and 8

Thanks Justin

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fragged a few of the more severely stn'd acros and fed the tank some acropower, reef bugs complete, reef roids and marine snow (something for everyone), did a 54g wc lowered my lighting (but I think I'll put it back to previous settings. -no more changes) and just wait and hope for the best.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back